Saturday, June 27, 2009

Good week!

Sorry I haven't updated but really things haven't been all too exciting which is great...nice and boring is what we need right now!

I had several doctors appointments last week which was nice because it got me out of the house.
Tuesday we monitored the baby for 30 minutes (NST) and of course it moved like crazy and passed with flying colors. Wednesday I had a doctors appointment and she is happy with what I have been doing. I was only taking my blood pressure medication once a day but have stopped taking it altogether now. The combination of bed rest and blood pressure medication was making my blood pressure go too low 100/50 and I was feeling pretty crappy. I haven't taken it since last Tuesday and feel way better. I have to be careful though because any prolonged movement makes my blood pressure spike high 140/90's but as long as I lay really low it is perfect 120/70. I had another ultrasound (BPP) on Thursday for the little babe and again we scored 8/8. The baby is still breech and the doctor that did the ultrasound said "I don't know if this baby could get its head more under your ribs" Nice huh... :-) I had more labs drawn on Thursday and those are staying good as well!

The best part of the week were the visits from my dear friends at work. First Erin stopped by Thursday night on her way camping and brought root beer floats and movies. Then Sarah, Tara, and Natalie stopped by on Friday and they all brought a meal for us. Matt was really excited because meal planning has been his job and it is not that easy. Love the girls I work with and feel totally blessed with their love and support. I can't wait to return the favors to each and every one of them!!!!!!!

Avery has been doing great and is probably more entertained now than just running errands with Mom which was her normal routine. She went to the water park a few times last week, had several play dates with her cousins, and her Daddy went out and bought playdough, legos, and crafts for her to sit with me and do together!

Now this weekend we pulled out several boxes of baby stuff from the garage and I started going through them. I am a little overwhelmed with what to bring out! So it will be a slow process with just some directing on my part...I figure we will just have the basic necessities and then once we have this little one fill in everything else!

5 comments:

Jane Hill said...

Yay! So happy to hear your week went well. Be sure to lay low and don't get overwhelmed with baby goods. Let's keep that blood pressure where it needs to be. :)

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

Yay for a "boring" week! Glad we could come visit. . we'll come again for sure!

Kippy said...

Don't we have the best friends! Wish I could have come with them. Next time!? Glad you and babe are hanging in there and your BP/BPP/NST were good! Hooray!

Kris said...

Jen- I am so glad that things are going good. Where do you guys live? I would love to make you guys dinner too. I know what a life saver that can be. Hang in there.

Precious Erin said...

Love you! Stay boring!