I am not sure what it is about being pregnant and getting the worst sleep ever. A few weeks ago we would have marathon long soccer tournaments/ballet performances with this babe in my belly! Literally I woke up one night wide awake and came out to the couch and from 1am until 5am it looked like popcorn was popping in my belly this baby was so active. It was hilarious. I guess it is getting me prepared for those middle of the night feedings we are soon to experience... But its not just the babe that is having sleeping issues!!!A few weeks ago we got Avery a "big girl bed." A twin sized bed that she fits comfortably in. Now I knew there would probably be a few nights where she would get out of bed but knew we would get through it. Well she goes to sleep pretty good...usually she walks out once and we walk her back to bed and she falls asleep. BUT the big problem is she comes to our room between 1am and 3am to sniggle...Now there have been a few times where we have both been sooo tired that we just let her sleep in our bed. But now she thinks it is where she belongs in the middle of the night. However the nights that I walk her back to her bed she stays awake and comes back to our room 3 or 4 times and it goes on and on for a couple hours... Of course the little babe in the belly hears her sweet little voice and thinks it is party time :-)
So it all begins...sleep in our house is going to be a precious commodity over the next several months. With Avery figuring out the new big girl status she has been upgraded to and the new babe making its entrance in less than 80 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment