Well we had another growth ultrasound and doctors appointment yesterday and it was quite a long and eventful day. First in the morning we headed to our much anticipated growth ultrasound to see how this baby has grown in the last 3 weeks. We waited awhile but got in for our scan and baby is still measuring only in the 8th percentile. My post three weeks ago said it was in the 11th percentile but really it was only in the 8th percentile. The baby has grown and has gone from 1lb 8oz to 2lbs 120z but is still small for its gestational age. Everything with the blood flow from the placenta through the umbilical cord look like they are flowing correctly so that is a good sign. At least it didn't drop further and is still staying on its "own" curve. Once again the baby had its arms over its face so we didn't get great pics. It completely flipped and instead of being head down it is now breech so hopefully it will flip back around before now and when we will need to deliver.
Now on to the doctors appointment! Well since last Thursday I felt like something had definetly changed and when I was at work I checked my blood pressure and it was 150/90 so I had some lab work done and everything looked good. I left work and didn't go in on Friday either hoping that if I laid low I would make it back to work Monday. I headed in Monday and had a pretty easy assignment. I waited several hours and at at about 6ish my blood pressure was in the 140/90 so I decided it was probably best to leave work again and wait for appointment yesterday to see what my doc said. Well my blood pressures haven't gotten any better they are ok when I am horizontal but not when I am vertical. So as of yesterday I am on pretty strict bedrest. Matt wanted to hear from the docs mouth what I am allowed to do and what I am not because he knows that I am not a good patient!!! We also started our first dose of steroids yesterday for the baby's lungs to mature just in case we deliver early. I started a blood pressure medication yesterday that we were hoping I would only need to take once a day but when the second dose was due this morning I needed it. It makes me feel weird but if it will buy us time so be it! We will be monitoring the baby closely because of its size and my blood pressures. So I will do monitoring twice a week for the baby and I will be seeing my doctor once a week from this point forward.
I was really hoping we wouldn't cross this bridge again like I did with Avery. Before Matt and I decided to have another baby I talked to one of the high risk OB's about what the chances were that this would all happen again and he said 20-30%. Lucky us we are in the 20-30%.... I am not worried about me but about Avery having a Mommy semi out of commission, I worry about Matt picking up the pieces and I worry that I will not be able to grow this baby and we will have to deliver early.... Everyday counts and all I can do is take it one day at a time. I am a passenger in my own body and have no control of what is going to take place.
If anybody has any good book or movie ideas let me know! Keep us in your thoughts and I will try to update as I can!
Oh and just in case you are wondering because a few people have asked we still don't know the gender! Yes they can tell on ultrasound but we always close our eyes so hopefully nobody will spill the beans until delivery. That truly is the best surprise...Ave and I still say girl and Matt still wishes boy....
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Some of my all time favorites....Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman and The Notebook. For some reason, these seem to chill me out, probably because I watched them for the first time when life was easy.
Anyways, I am so sorry to hear this! I expect tons of blogging! Good luck. Soon enough your life will be very busy with 2 little ones to run after. Just sit back and chillax!
Sorry to hear this news. Try not to worry about stuff as that always makes everything worse. Thinking of you often and I will be checking back for updates!! Bookmark our blog, too! www.thehillfamilynews.blogspot.com
I will be thinking about you. I am so sorry this is happening again. It is just not fair. Two of my favorite movies are My Best Friends Wedding and The Holiday. I love TONS of books. What type of stuff do you like to read?
Keep us posted, Jen. If you need anything let me know. I would be happy to bring you guys dinner if you want a few times.
Post a Comment