I didn't take any pictures today...The truth is it was a rough beginning. Avery had a very hard time going to bed last night. She cried for almost 2 hours and was even so upset that she puked. Matt and I stood in there the entire time tickling her back, rocking her, holding her and reassuring her. I finally decided she was too upset to go to bed so I picked her up and came out to the couch and just held her and tickled her back and she was out cold. I tried to lay her back in her crib and to no avail she started screaming again...so I got her snuggled up with her blankets and stood there and tickled her back until she fell asleep.
She awoke several times through the night but would fall back asleep pretty quickly. Then at 4:30am she was awake screaming at the top of her lungs...so bad that it made my heart skip a beat in my half sleep and I went running. When I arrived she said "mom I go on airplane." So maybe this is what is throwing this little girl for a loop. We have been talking about going on an airplane to meet her new cousin "baby Liam." The anticipation is just making her crazy!!! Happy to say that tomorrow morning at 9:45am we will be boarding our plane to Minnesota to meet 'baby Liam' I am hoping that once we arrive she will turn into her cute little self again...otherwise Minnesota watch out!!!!
Avery took an early nap and when she woke up she just wanted to cuddle. I had spent the morning running the last few errands before we leave town. I decided when I got home that Ave and I just needed to relax on the couch. So indeed we did. We watched the Polar Express and drank chocolate milk and ate cookies. What better way to spend the afternoon then with this little 2 year old girl of mine that just needs some extra cuddles. The movie was a hit and she talked about "christmas," "carabou (reindeer)," and "santa" the rest of the afternoon. When Santa came towards the end of the movie she walked right up to the TV and said "pink bicycle" and "baby brother." I guess this little girl has her mind made up on what she wants for Christmas and she knew he was the man to ask. Christmas through the eyes of a child...warms my heart!!!
I had never seen the movie and it got me thinking what my ticket would say after a visit to the North Pole...lead, learn, believe, count on? I'd like to think "Believe" to believe in the spirit of Christmas and not the commercial aspect of it all. To enjoy time with family and friends!!! Really to just cherish these moments (good or bad) with her because she will never be 2 again!!! sigh....
We need more days like today!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jen!
I miss you. I haven't worked with you in forever!! Hope you're doing well!!
Post a Comment