Thursday, December 4, 2008

December 4, 2008-"Here Comes Trouble"


Today was just one of those days... I guess if you put her in the shirt she thinks she needs to act the part!
Avery slept in again today until 10am. I don't know if she is getting sick or just the two teeth that she is cutting are really throwing her little body for a loop...
We had lunch plans with my Dad for my birthday. We picked up Amy and Noah and headed to Desert Ridge. All the way there Avery was telling Noah that everything was "mine." We arrived at the restaurant and she was great. She screamed once and had to sit in my lap for a time out... Lap time outs who knew they could be so effective.
We took the kids outside and they ran around and had lots of fun. We then decided to head to Target for more Christmas shopping adventures. Avery yelled through the store "I want a bicycle." Now for several weeks Avery has been requesting "a PINK bicycle." We keep telling her that she needs to be a good girl and ask Santa but not really sure she gets it. So the second we saw the bicycles at Target the whole world needed to know about it. She finally settled down when we walked down the toy aisle and a gave her a toy to play with while we kept shopping. She did great!!! Then we proceeded to the check out and something upset her (no idea what) but she decided to scream at the top of her lungs to the point where the veins in her head were sticking out. Now I don't know what to do with that...except look around at everybody and smile and say "Yep isn't she cute." She calmed down and we raced for the car! This poor kids is going through something because she is just having a tough time lately. I think its growing pains and figuring out she has a choice in this world. I love 2 it is so much joy and so much of a challenge. I know it will make me a better Mom and I am learning a lot along the way.

No comments: