Today we had the Hughes and my Mom over for a pot of chili before we all went to Parker's Chorus concert. Parker said "she was so nervouse she almost wizzed her pants." It cracks me up because I so clearly remember being in 4th grade. She is growing up so fast and I can hardly believe that my sister has a 10 year old and that she is almost too cool for all of us.
We headed over to the school to watch the concert. Parker's choir sang 5 songs from high school musical and Avery danced away during each song. It was very cute! In between each song Avery would yell across the whole cafteria "Hi Park." Parker would have a sheepish grin and wave back to her cousin!
(Parker in red shirt with arms crossed!)

Avery kept inching her way to be up with the big kids singing but we scooped her back to sit with us several times. At the end of the concert Avery became too loud and I walked outside with her. She was not happy about that...so we stood inside the doorway to hear the last song. At the end Avery turned to me and said "Parker all done, my turn...Avery go singin." I put her down and she made her way up to the stage and there she stood ready to perform. I can see it now Avery will be the star of the show when it truly is "her turn."
No comments:
Post a Comment