Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yesterday and then today....

Yesterday Avery and I went to the community pool for 2 hours. We had so much fun together and she truly was such a gem. We just walked around the pool and played. She would grab my finger and then lead me all around (most of it is only 2 feet deep). She found the toddler pool yesterday and kept saying "mommy, look, cool" She loved the miniature pool and was splashing around in it. She would say "hi" to all the kids. Over by the toddler pool you can hear the music that they play at the waterpark a little bit better. She didn't hold back and started dancin away. She started saying "look, robot." And then she proceeded to dance like a robot. Matt taught her this and when she did it yesterday I almost died of laughter. She thought it was pretty neat! I kept telling Matt all day yesterday how much fun we had...she truly was precious!!!

Then came today!!! We had a playdate planned with my friend Sarah and her little boy Ciaran. We went to Jump U. A big place full of jumpy houses galore. There were quite a few kids there and I think Avery was a little overwhelmed. She would go and jump but only if I went with her. Then at the end of the two hour playtime she had a total meltdown and we left with her screaming and kicking in my arms. I think she might be tired from all our fun yesterday. We were driving home and she said "mommy teeth, ear hurt." Poor kid!

I guess this is the day in the life of an almost two year old. Somedays are fantastic and somedays are a little more trying!!! Tomorrow I think we will stay home and rest :-)

2 comments:

m said...

Hey Jen, Great Blog! What a good way to keep us updated of Avery's development and so fun to see all the pictures. I will check back often without feeling so guilty about bugging you for pictures! Love and hugs to you, Matt, Avery and the rest of the extended family, Meryl : )

G-Ma said...

Jen - - What a wonderful idea ! It keeps us 'in the loop' about your very busy life and lets us enjoy little Avery's development !
I am looking forward to the day when "groceries" turns into "Mama, I just can't like your very good cooking".
G-Ma