Monday, July 7, 2008

4th and more...


Hope everyone had a happy 4th of July. We had a pretty lazy day. Matt didn't take the day off because he has a big dealine coming up. I worked until 3am on the 3rd so we spent the day just hanging at home. Avery found a bottle that is for one of her babies and continued to feed Hawkeye the bottle and then take a little nibble herself. Pretty funny!!! Not sure Hawkeye thought it was funny.

This is Avery's big "CHEESY" smile as you can see she still needs to get some of her teeth and we are working on them this week.
Avery and Matt saw fireworks in Anthem on the 3rd while I was at work. I thought for sure they would scare her but Matt said she was trying to reach out and grab them!!! She is so brave and strong willed :-) (Will post the fireworks pictures soon...have to get them from Amy)
I worked all weekend so Matt and Avery got to hang together. They played in the sprinklers on Sunday and Matt said he mowed the lawn while she played. In this hot weather it is an absolute necessity to have water going if you play outside. Matt was using the hose to rinse the lawnmower off and Avery went and got her lawnmower toy to do the same. Then she proceeded to water the trees and the rocks saying "tree thirsty"..."rocks thirsty"!!! She is cracking us up these days!!!!
Matt and I both think that another synapse has connected in Avery's little brain because she is talking a lot and all of her words are becoming clearer. Its nice that we communicate so well now. She still uses some signs so between talking and signing we pretty much understand almost everything she is trying to say!!! A lot of people have commented on how big she is and how now she is such a little girl. Makes her mama sad that she is growing so big but also very proud. We have come a long way in two years and I am so thankful to have a happy, healthy little girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ditto on this WONDERFUL idea. I love the pictures of Avery! How can a child get more precious with each passing day? G'ma has her favorite tidbit with the "good food" memory.....but mine will always be Chubba!!! LOL!!

McCabe Moments is definitely my favorite in my Favorites Folder. Keep it coming....

Aunt Lindy

Millie/Mom/Gram said...

Hi there McCabe's I enjoyed talking to you this evening and having Avery tell me she was sad and she wanted to take a bath. I was especially thrilled that she wanted me to talk to Mr. Bear. LOL She was so cute and it just brightened this overcast, rainy day to talk to both of you. This is a great idea honey because it closes the gap on busy lives and distance. I have it as one of my favorites.
More pictures please...!