Well I had the absolute best weekend ever this last weekend....My older sister and I went to a scrapbooking event at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort. First off it is the first time I have ever left my children over night other than being in a hospital. So that was step one... My amazing husband took a couple days off work to hold down the forte and the kids loved it.
This event Creative Escape has taken place the last five years and you only get in by lottery. I have entered the lottery every year and have not gotten in. This year I got my lottery email and was soooo excited. Now you can bring a guest if you get selected but it is pretty pricey. Amy and I jumped the gun and decided to go. Shortly after we both had a little anxiety about deciding to go. Well it was A-M-A-ZING! Creatively it was a blast and all of the teachers are famous in the scrapbooking world. They had great meals and projects. I told Amy I was going to win something in the raffle and sure enough I did...exciting! And thent the event ended with a key note speaker Jaimee Rose a reporter from the Arizona Republic. She basically talked about "Nie Nie" her perspective of the "story" which left the whole building in tears it was awesome. It gave me a sense of renewal, encouragement to continue to document the lives of my children and family because they will love it. And most importantly it gave me a reason to be a better Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter to not sweat the small stuff to county my many blessings and be so greatful for the life I have been given!!!
It was a wild and crazy time....put 500 women together for three days and fun times are had by all!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment