Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our little man...the first few days!!!

Well it is hard to believe that our little Madyx is 2 weeks old now. We have had a fun two weeks meeting different family members and going to doctor appointments. We got home from the hospital on Friday July 31st two days after delivering Madyx. We had a great weekend home and Madyx got to meet his cousins. Parker, Peyton and Noah have been dying to meet this little guy. So it was lots of fun having them over but I must say they are like leeches to this little one. I bought a bottle of hand sanitizer and make them wash down before touching him :-) Here are some pics of there meeting...

Meeting his cousins...

The first Monday we were home we had an early morning pediatrician appointment. She thought he looked a little yellow and so did we so she did a repeat billirubin test which came back high. Our pediatrician called us Monday night and told us she was going to admit Madyx to the pediatrics unit at Scottsdale Shea. I was soooo upset just because I wasn't feeling that great and didn't want to have to go back to the hospital. Matt stayed with Avery and my Mom took Madyx and I down to Shea. The room was super nice and I got to stay right next to him. He was under triple light phototherapy. He cried for the first 7 hours because he had to lay under the lights with just a diaper on and totally exposed. Finally he settled down and lounged in the bassinet.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Awesome that things are going so well. I hope that you are feeling better too. Can't wait to see you guys. I wish you weren't so far away.

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

Still can't believe he cried for 7 hours! Poor Jen and baby. I'm glad you're both well now. . .can't wait to see him again. (and you:))