Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thankful!!!


I was looking at blogs today and came across a blog of a wife of a soldier that is deployed and in reading some of her posts...all I could think of was how THANKFUL I am. In her post she wrote that she was looking around her house for signs of her husband...much to her dismay she realized that his pillow didn't smell like him, his dirty clothes were not on the floor, his shaving cream wasn't all over the bathroom sink, and the bathroom didn't have magazines on the floor. Soooo this got me thinking!!!

As I look around my house my husband is everywhere.......his Tennis Shoes are in the middle of the living room, his clothes he wore yesterday are perfectly on the floor next to his side of the bed, his sink is a mess, and there are three magazines on the bathroom floor. Now on an ordinary day these things make me crazy but I love that he is here. He is so involved in our everyday life that I can't imagine him missing the milestones in Avery's life.

So this blog is for you Matt...thank you for being here, for working from home even when Avery is yelling at your office door "Hey Matt I go poo poo." Thank you for picking up your fair share, for working hard, for loving us unconditionally (even when I am stressed), for encouraging me, for giving me more time when I need it, for everything you are and everything you do.....
I am so happy that our lives crossed 6 years ago in the Czech Republic. God knew I needed YOU and for that I AM SO THANKFUL!!!
LOVE YOU
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Matt said...

You are so welcome!!!

A couple things:

1) I didn't shave today so my sink couldn't have been that dirty.
2) Shoes in the living room: guilty
3) Magazines on the floor: guilty
4) Last nights clothes next to the bed (bhomp-chicka-bhomh-bhomp): Guilty at least 7 nights a week ;)

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

Okay, Czech Republic???? I think I need the how we met story next time I see you!!

Kris said...

I loved this post. It really got me thinking. I guess we really need to be thankful for the little things. You guys sound like a great couple and your daughter is absolutely beautiful:)

Kim said...

Jen-
Your baby is so cute. Her polo dress is adorable. Great Blog!
Kim

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

Thanks for the reality check- I needed that as I spend my Saturday cleaning up my husband's very obvious "presence" in my life.

PS- I love your hubbies comment... what a guy! And I am with Sarah- I want to know the story of your meeting on the Czech Republic.