Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another Update!!!!


So we are now 34 2/7 weeks pregnant and this baby is bigger than Avery was not only when she was born but when we brought her home from the hospital!!! I am getting ready to pack away the preemie clothes because I don't think we will be needing them ;-)

This week was a little different then the last few. I woke up every morning and sometimes in the middle of the night with some significant headaches. I was also seeing black spots but told myself it was just "dirty contacts." Finally on Wednesday after my sister said my face looked swollen I text messaged one of the docs and he said I should probably head into the hospital. So I went and spent a couple hours in triage and they drew some labs which were all the same as the week prior and stable. By the time I left after laying down for 2 hours my blood pressure was 102/72 perfect!!! So who knows what the headaches are about... I did a 24 hour urine so they could check for protein and as of Friday at my doctors appointment the results were still pending. I was hoping she would call over the weekend with them but hopefully I will hear something tomorrow!

I have been on bedrest for over a month and if I can make it a few more weeks than we will bring home a term baby with us....SOOOO EXCITED about that! The pics above are from last Thursday at our biophysical profile and the baby was showing off. I got to see its face so clearly and I was giggling because it was so cute. It even opened its mouth at one point and the sonographer and I were laughing! So cute!

Avery is getting more excited everyday and everytime I go to the doctor or an appointment which is 3x a week she thinks for sure that we are gonna have a baby!

I have officially packed a baby bag which consists of some really boring gender neutral stuff. I did buy one set of girl onesies and one set of boy onesies and have decided that when the day comes Matt or someone will wash whatever gender it is and bring those to the hospital!!!

So thats the latests and greatest not too exciting but some cute pics if nothing else!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

I am so happy this is going so well for you. I think the ultrasound looks like a cute baby boy! Can't wait to see...

Kippy said...

I love this news. And I'm trying to decipher boy or girl from those pics! Whatever it is, it's cute! Hang in there, you're so close !!

natalie todd said...

Oh Jen I am soooo happy to hear the good news that this little one is growing! You are doing so good and all this bed rest will surely be worth it! I miss you!

Jane Hill said...

So excited for you, Jen!! What great news! Looking forward to more updates!