Monday, May 18, 2009

Funny Stuff!

Well I don't have any pics to post but have a couple of funny stories....

Saturday night I got cancelled from work the last 4 hours of my shift.  I was headed home and had to take a detour and didn't end up getting home until after 8pm.  On my way home I decided I would stop at the local Thai food restaurant in Anthem and get take out for myself since Matt and Avery had already eaten.  Now I must preface this by saying that we frequent this little restaurant a lot.  The cutest little young Thai couple own the restaurant and LOVE Avery.  They know us by name when we walk in and I am pretty sure know our order before we ever order...  So I go in order my food and they say it will take about 10 minutes.  I tell them no problem I was going to run to the grocery store next door and be back in 10 minutes.  I ran to the grocery store and didn't take any where near ten minutes.  When I turned the corner back to the Thai food restaurant both the man and the woman were standing at the door with my food in hand.  The store wasn't close to closing time so I was a little confused.  Then the woman walks out with the man and hands me my food and asks me if they could ask me a question..."Sure" I said.  At this point the woman gets embarressed and makes the man go back inside the restaurant....She keeps stumbling her words and says "Is Avery...Is Avery...Is Avery" and would laugh and chuckle nervously!  I couldn't quite figure out what was going on until I saw she kept looking down at my tummy and so I laughed and said "oh is Avery gonna have a sibling."  She laughed nervously and said "yeah"  I grabbed my growing belly and said "oh yeah I am pregnant and she will have a little brother or sister in August."  The lady still laughing and acting funny then says "oh I glad we thought we make you fat...not good"  I almost died of laughter and it took everything in my power to continue the conversation!  She stuttered her words and said oh I bet 'new baby be cute like Avery' and then walked inside the restaurant.  I walked to my car laughing out loud!  So they must have been observing my growing belly the last several weeks and were sincerely concerned that I was getting 'FAT'  but are happy now knowing I am just pregnant!!!!  

Funny/Cute Story #2
I had a doctors appointment this morning Matt decided he would come along so we brought Avery too.  We told her last night that we were going to go to the doctor and listen to the babies heart.  I tried to immitate what it would sound like and she would repeat the whoosh whoosh noise that the doppler makes.  Then today when Dr. Williamson was dopplering my tummy she did it for awhile to let Avery hear!  Well a doppler can have some static and the babies heart beat was fast in the 140's so Avery thought it sounded like a pig snorting :-)  She kept asking "Mommy is there a piggy in your tummy"  Silly girl!!!

Fun stuff this pregnancy...people say the darndest things!  As far as a baby update goes I definetly feel like I have poppped.  I am measuring right on target!  I will go have more blood work done this week to see how my  labs are.   And last but not least have another ultrasound to see how the baby is doing in growth and also to follow up with my uterine artery that has some resistance....  All in all things are good!  And hopefully will continue to be after all this blood work and ultrasound!

1 comment:

Precious Erin said...

haha...oh man jen thats great! we make you fat? haha I can just hear her asking and your giggle... glad to hear everything is going great with that little piggy :)