Monday, February 23, 2009

NT Ultrasound...stubborn baby!


So today we went to the Fetal and Womens Wellness Center in Scottsdale for our Nuchal Translucency ultrasound. For those of you that don't know what this is it is a genetic screening where they measure the thickness on the back of the baby's necks along with two proteins in my blood to see if there are chances for genetic problems.

Well this baby decided it would be fun to play games today and not cooperate with the ultrasound technician. Ideally they like the baby to be lying on its back looking up...which is the position the baby was in last Thursday. Well today at first the baby was face down on its tummy and then decided to wake up and do some flipping. It stood straight up in my uterus and was facing us. So she couldn't get any of the pictures she was looking for. We were there for well over an hour poking and proding the baby (and me) to try and get it to move but it wouldn't. Then it put its arms over its face like "leave me alone". The technician finally got a couple of ok pictures and went and asked the doctor if they would be ok and the doctor said well they will just have to do.

The picture above is a profile of the face! Above the forehead you can see a finger and thumb!

Matt was in awe again at seeing how much this baby has grown since our 8 week ultrasound and watching it move and flip around. I just kept giggling. I love that Dad's these days can be so involved because he definetly feels more a part of things when he sees the baby on ultrasounds. Our next ultrasound will be our 18 to 20 weeks. Today everything looked great...heartbeat 160 and the baby went from 1.5cm at 8wks5days to 7cm today which is 13wks3days!!

I swear I woke up this morning and felt like my tummy had a little bump. Then when the ultrasound tech kept "pushing" on my stomach it definetly felt like the baby was protruding out!!!

And I should knock on wood but...it has been a whole week tonight since I vomitted!!! HIP HIP HOORAY that is 4 weeks earlier than with Avery so hopefully things will continue.

Avery still asks on a daily basis if I want to go puke and just about everytime I get up to go to the bathroom (frequently) she follows me and says "Mom your tummy sick you want to go puking." :-) Or "go ahead Mom puke".

So much fun the second time around, especially with Avery and we are looking forward to all that will come!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: