So the adventure of being pregnant the second time around is that at the 6 week mark on the dot I get sicker then a dog. I was sick with Avery and vomitted spontaneously but this time it is different. Sometimes I will be minding my own business feeling great and boom I turn my head and vomit. Other days it is all day and I do not really even want to open my eyes. There were several nights where I would take a cool wash cloth and a bucket and just go lay in my bed. Fun stuff!!!
Matt says this time is sooo much worse. I have not determined whether it is worse or about the same. He says he has never heard anybody throw up "like that." I am telling you it is from the depths of my soul! So it is different....especially with my little 2 year old audience.
When it first started I think it freaked Avery out! The first time she ever saw me vomit I was standing in the kitchen and we were getting ready to go to Amy's house for a play date. She was all ready with her purse in one hand and her sippy cup in the other! I, out of no where got sick and vomitted in the kitchen sink to which Avery replied "Stop it Mom. Stop it right now I want to go to Mimi's house" She knew that maybe this would cramp her plans and was livid that I was sick! Screaming at the top of her lungs! I just laughed and cleaned myself and we went on our way to Aunt Mimi's house!
So the beginning it was all about screaming at me to "Stop it RIGHT NOW" "Ok I am gonna count to 3 and if you don't stop it you will have a time out." hmmm I wonder where she learned that from!
Then one day Matt taught her that she needed to rub my back and say its ok mom. So she did pretty good "Its okay Mom you feel better now..OKAY stop puking." So it got a little nicer!
Another particular occasion I walked into the laundry room and boom out of nowhere I was vomitting in the sink. I was telling Avery to go get Daddy because I didn't want to vomit in the laundry room sink. She disappeared and to my relief I thought she was getting Matt....Nope then she appeared on her pink chair standing next to me looking in the sink saying "is that your puke Mom?" Yep it sure is thanks Ave!!!
Now the poor kid has it down pat! Today out of nowhere I felt sick and made a run for the bathroom she of course followed me in and this was our conversation:
Avery: Mom your tummy sick...
Me: yep (vomit)
Avery: Its okay mom you feel better soon (rubbing my back and gagging at me vomitting)
Me: Thanks Ave...why don't you give me some privacy?
Avery: Okay Mom you need privacy...I give you privacy (walking out the bathroom door...still gagging)
Me: continue to vomit from the depth of my soul
Avery: here ya go Mom you need some water I got you water (in she brings a yellow tea cup from her playroom with nothing in it)
Me: thank you ave that is so nice (laughing in between vomitting)
Avery: Okay Mom be all done now that is disgusting...come on mom get up
Which I then cleaned myself up and am now laying on her playroom floor and she is making me all kinds of elixirs to make my tummy feel better in her kitchen! Such a sweet girl!
By the way it is hard to laugh and vomit at the same time but I have started to master the skill!
I went a whole week and two days without vomitting so to me we are doing Great! Its better than all day everyday! Its just a gentle reminder that this baby is growing big and strong! I love my little two year old audience she definetly lightens the mood of feeling pretty yucky!!!!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jen! These are THE BEST stories EVER! I love it!!!!!!
BTW, goodey32 is Darla D. :)
She's darling. . .I love how sensitive they are!
Post a Comment