Thursday, July 9, 2009

Great Day!!!!


Look at that cutie...hands, feet, and umbilical cord all by its face...

Well our growth ultrasound went very well this morning...I have been saying lots of prayers and so far they were all answered for today. This baby is head down now...not frank breech like it has been for the last month! Big relief and hopefully it stays that way!

And the other news is we had a HUGE growth spurt! This baby was in the 8th percentile weighing 2lbs 12oz 3 weeks ago and today it is in the 38th percentile weighing an estimated 4lbs 5oz!!!! Now to put this in perspective I have never carried a baby this big. When we brought Avery home she was just barely 4lbs. The ultrasound tech remeasured several times and even said "I am trying to make it smaller just because its such a big jump and I just can't." She also looked at me and said "have you been on bedrest or something." Made me feel great that all this time laying on the couch is definetly paying off not only for my blood pressure but for this little babe too.

No doubt that the great meals my friends cooked and the wondeful treats my Grandma sent helped us both! :-)

Labs drawn again today and don't see Dr. Williamson again until the 17th. I will be 33 weeks tomorrow! I really feel blessed and know that all the love and support are working wonders for us.... I am feeling very hopeful that we will make it several more weeks. Thanks to everyone for their prayers, love and support we got 7 more weeks til our due date and I will take all of it if I can get it!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mrs.Oklahoma said...

Great news! God is Good! And kudos to you Jen for following bedrest and growing this baby strong!!

Precious Erin said...

YEAH!!! This got me all teary eyed...Im just so happy for you and so glad that God helped grow this little one SO big!! Keep doing the great work and we will have to come visit soon!

Tara Leigh Loghry said...

Jen thats AMAZING NEWS. I started crying when I read her percentile! You have been doing a great job growing that little baby big. We will come visit soon, in the mean time lay on the couch and relax :)

Jane Hill said...

I am so happy to hear the great news!! Yay!! You are in my thoughts and prayers during the weeks to come. Come on 37!!

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

YAY JEN!! I'm so happy!

Kippy said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah!!! That is such great news! You may have a little chunker on your hands! Only a few more weeks:)