Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Full Speed Ahead.....







Well ever since we got back from Iowa things have been so busy and it seems like time is flying by. It is so hard to believe it is the middle of August already!

We had a fun weekend. Friday night we went out to dinner with Emily and CJ for CJ's birthday. I picked up hours at work for a friend so Matt drove down with Amy and the kids and then we went to Joes BBQ in Gilbert. Best BBQ in town by far.

Saturday night we had some friends over and got the UFC fights. Avery and her friend Gracelyn played pretty well. Gracelyn is a little bit older than Avery and for some reason when these two spirited little girls get together there is always a little mayhem.

Sunday my Mom (Gram) came out to see Avery and Amy's kids. She had bought Parker and Peyton some school clothes because they started 1st and 4th grade on Monday. Parker modeled them for us. It was pretty cute! Then we all went to the community pool.

Avery of course would not allow Matt and I to hold her hand or come within a foot of her to help her. She would just say "Avery swim." This kid is fish!!! She thinks she can swim but she can't. Truth is she fell under the water at one point and completly panicked. I grabbed and talked to her to tell her she needed to roll over and float or jump up and down. And then she wanted me to let her go again. No fear!

I worked 12 hours on Monday and again on Tuesday and today I am tired. Trying night at work left me so frustrated with all the changes and lack of team work. Now I have 6 days off and was thinking about picking up extra hours but am a little worn out from last night. So I will catch up on scrapbooking, housework, and playdates with Avery and friends....a lot more fun!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

Jen- Sorry to hear you had a bad night at work. . .Avery is getting so big! See you later.