Saturday, June 21, 2008

LOVE Saturdays

Avery's New Word: "GROCERIES" Avery woke up this morning and we walked out into the living room and I asked her if she was hungry. All she kept saying was "groceries"!!! It took me awhile to figure out what she was saying. I realized that yesterday when we went to the supermarket I kept telling her "Avery lets go bye bye so we can get groceries" She is so smart that she realized "groceries" is where we get food. So all day today out of the blew she would say mommy, daddy, avery...groceries!!!

Well today was my first Saturday off of work for awhile and we had so much fun. We spent the morning at the community pool. We told Avery we were going swimming and she just kept repeatedly saying "swimming" as we were all getting our bathing suits on. We got to the pool and loved looking at all the other little kids in the pool. She jumped right in with no reserves. The pool is about 2 feet deep in most areas so she was thrilled that she could walk around pretty much everywhere. We would try to hold her hand to help her and she would say "no, no, no" (another favorite word of hers right now) She fell underwater a couple of times and still she didn't want any help. I love her zest for life and her no fear spirit. However I do believe at some point this will be a challenge for me.

After swimming we took a long rest and then went and had some delicious mexican food and walked around Lowes looking at home stuff. Just a good ole family day....

Soon I will learn to take more pics and post them with my text...of course I didn't bring my camera today :-( Pics to come I promise!

No comments: